Progress Homeschool Support Group
– A supportive and informational network for the parents
– Cooperative educational opportunities for homeschool children
– Planned activities designed to stimulate social interaction and friendships
We intend to accomplish this through monthly meetings, newsletters, field trips, enrichment activities and planned social functions.
The members of this support group are committed to giving their children an excellent education from a Christian world view. Based on our individual and corporate commitment to Jesus Christ, we are determined that this group and all of its activities will be consistently Christian to the honor and glory of Jesus Christ.
We recognize that as individual families we represent Christ in the community and thus have a responsibility to maintain a lifestyle that brings glory to God. We strongly urge our members to establish a positive relationship with their local school system, whenever it is possible.
We are aware that along with the freedom of homeschooling comes a great responsibility to uphold the reputation of Christianity and the homeschool movement. Our deportment as a group on field trips or other cooperative activities should reflect this concern. On field trips parents are responsible to supervise and guide their own children through the entire learning experience. This allows each family to emphasize aspects that are specific to its particular curriculum.
– The Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in its original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
– God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God The Father, God The Son and God The Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was God come in human flesh being fully God and fully man except without sin.
– All men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character both by nature and act, and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation. The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross ~ the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
– Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone.
Participation in Pilgrims’ Progress Support group will be kept open to homeschooling families who are willing to work in accordance with the groups’ written guidelines and doctrinal statement (no signed statement of faith required). Leadership positions such as chairman, secretary, treasurer, events coordinator, etc… require more rigorous qualifications such as: signing the statement of faith, homeschooling for at least two years and the recommendation and support of the existing board.
Only dues-paying families will be included on the mailing/phone list and will receive informational mailings, newsletters, minutes, etc. Families who do not choose to commit in this manner are welcome to participate in field trips as space allows, with preference given to dues-paying families.
South Shore, Massachusetts
Thank you for visiting our Homeschool Directory – www.homeschooldirectory.info