What We Believe
1. OCHEC affirms the primacy of parental responsibility for the welfare, socialization and education of their children.
2. OCHEC is dedicated to the education and socialization of children in the natural setting of the family.
3. OCHEC acknowledges that the state has an interest in the education of the young, but asserts that such interest is secondary to the responsibility of parents over education.
4. OCHEC believes that the right to home education includes not merely a right over the place in which education occurs, but a right to determine the content, process and timing of this education.
5. OCHEC holds that student assessment is an integral aspect of the education process, and that therefore parents have the ultimate right and responsibility to determine the methods and instruments to be used.
6. OCHEC holds that the state must exercise its interest in the education of the young by the least intrusive means.
7. OCHEC pursues and recommends, within the framework of its philosophy, a policy of constructive interaction in dealing with officials of the Ministry of Education and local school boards.
Thank you for visiting our Homeschool Directory – www.homeschooldirectory.info